CONTACT: Christian Malsatzki, CEA – Ag/NR
Visit our Agriculture & Natural Resources Blog!
2014 ANR Schedules
- 2014 ANR Events Calendar (programs sponsored and/or hosted by the ANR Program at the Harris County Office of the Texas AgriLife Extension Service)
- Gulf Coast Master Naturalist Volunteer Training
- Useful ANR Links
- Important Drought Relief Information
- Dr. Paul Nester’s Fireant Blog
- 2013 Lecture and Workshop Schedule Coming Soon
- The Urban Rancher Program
The Agriculture Program emphasizes systems approaches that maintain and enhance agricultural profitability through the application of sound crop and animal production practices. We address issues associated with the social and environmental impacts of food safety and quality, surface and ground water contamination, biotechnology and natural resource management.
The Natural Resources Program addresses educational needs related to the management, use and sustain ability of renewable and nonrenewable natural resources. Drawing on a variety of disciplines, these programs typically focus on such topics as soil, water, air, plant and animal life, forests, rangelands and aquatic and other ecosystems.
Harris County Focus
In Harris County, Extension programs help those involved in agriculture to:
- Meet society’s needs for safe, wholesome, and affordable food, fiber and other resources
- Meet environmental expectations while remaining competitive in a global economy
- Communicate the value of agriculture to producers, families, communities and society
- Develop an understanding of the interdependence of urban and rural residents
- Be sensitive to competing public and private interests in achieving a balance among resource uses
- Demonstrate sustainable agriculture practices to farm and non-farm audiences