2011-2012 Texas 4-H Clover <~~~~~ Click to learn more about what projects and activities are available to 4-H members in Texas!
What is 4-H?
4-H is a community of young people across America who are learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills.
Who can join?
4-H is open to everyone. If you are between the ages of 8 (and in the 3rd grade) or 9 years old and 19, you can become a 4-H club member. Younger kids ages 5-8 can also get involved through Clover Kids activities. There is something for everybody in 4-H.
What is the 4-H Motto?
“To make the best better.”
What do the H’s stand for in 4-H?
The H’s pertain to the 4-H pledge:
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking,
my Heart to greater loyalty
my Hands to larger service,
and my Health to better living,
for my club, my community, my country and my world.
• HEAD stands for clearer thinking and decision making – knowledge that is useful throughout life.
• HEART represents greater loyalty, strong personal values, positive self-concept and concern for others.
• HANDS stand for larger service, workforce preparedness, useful skills and science and technology literacy.
• HEALTH stands for better living and healthy lifestyles.
4-H sounds great! How do I join?
There are over 20 clubs in Harris County. Contact the 4-H Office for a list of clubs and their contact/meeting information or view 4-H clubs in the Club Corner. Each club has its own ‘personality’ and project interest, so we suggest that you visit a few of them before you decide which club you would like to join. Once you decide which club you would like to join, you must enroll in 4-H Connect with that club.
1. Returning members: Log in to 4-H Connect to update your member profiles.
Note: All returning members will already have a profile. Do not create a new profile! Duplicates will be deleted. If you need your family’s log in information, please contact the 4-H Office at 281-855-5619.
New members: Create a new family profile and a member profile for each youth and adult member enrolling.
2. Due to the cuts in education in the state of Texas, every 4-H member in the state will be required to pay a $25 annual participation fee.
Available Savings: If you enroll between August 1st and October 31st, you only have to pay $20 for the fee. Please enroll early to save $5 per member. When you enroll in 4-H on 4-H Connect, the payment will be a step in the enrollment process. You may pay by e-check or credit card.
3. Clubs re-charter annually and members join annually.
*Once you have completed your enrollment online, your status will go from “Inactive” to “Pending.” After you enroll in 4-H Connect, your payment will be processed, we will approve your enrollment, and your status will turn to “Active.”
*Please note that you are not considered an enrolled 4-H member until this process has been completed.
Harris County 4-H Links
Club Corner (List of Harris County Clubs and Monthly Club Reports form)
Clover Chronicle (Harris County 4-H newsletters)
Events Page (Listings of Harris County 4-H events)